Dalen is a cabin by the beach on the western tip of Stor-Pellinge. The cabin can be reached by car. The view of the Gulf of Finland is magnificent from the cabin, which lies just a stone throw from the beach.
The cabin of 45 m² comprises a kitchen, two bedrooms and a family room with a big window to the sea. The cabin is connected to a guesthouse, which has a double bed, with a roomy terrace. The sauna lies about 50 m from the cabin.
Dalen radiates a feeling of retro as well as holiday. On the terrace you can prepare barbecued food and at the same time enjoy the impressive views of the sea in the south. There are good fishing opportunities and it is possible to swim in the sea.
An excellent place for outdoor life
The forest surrounding the cabin and the big rocks on the beach invites to a real adventure for children and other playful persons. It is here you can find the peace, as the cabin is rather out-of-the-way. Forest surrounds the cabin, except for the sea in the south. The terrain attracts to rambling around. The same landscape inspired Tove Jansson when she created the first stories about Moomin.
On the island there is a thematic adventure for those who want to walk in the footsteps of Tove Jansson and the Moomins and solving riddles at the same time. The programme is suitable for both children and adults. Read more on the page Island Riddle and book your tour. Welcome to a real holiday adventure!
The cabin Dalen was built in 1976 and the guesthouse in 1997.
Dwelling area: 45 m2 + guesthouse 15 m²
Bed-places: 6 + 2 in the guesthouse
Rooms: family room, kitchen, 2 bedrooms + guesthouse, outhouse
Sauna: wood-burning (separate building, 50 m from the cabin)
Pets: allowed, inform in connection with booking. See instructions.
Equipment of the cottage
- Duvets and pillows
- Basic tableware for 8 persons
- Coffee-machine and teakettle
- Small electric stove and oven
- Refrigerator with icebox
- TV (not all channeles)
- Wood-burning Jøtul cast metal fireplace
- Charcoal barbecue outdoors
1 bed 140 cm wide + bunk bed
1 sofa-bed (for 2 persons)
1 double bed in guest house
Booking all-year round, weather permitting Sunday – Sunday
665 €/week in July
590 €/week May – June and August – October
295 €/weekends except June – August
Other times by mutual agreement.
200€ for one week
The rest of the fee is paid one six weeks before arrival.
Included in the hiring
- Parking place
- Electricity, waste and water.
Not included in the hiring
- Toilet paper and paper towels
- Charcoal and tinder
For an additional charge
- 2 bicycles
Floorplan of the cottage
Eidiksentie 326, Fi-07390 Suur-Pellinki, Finland
Pellinge is 80 km east of Helsinki and 30 km south of Porvoo.
When moving around Pellinge
- Do not disturb nesting birds and other animals
- Respect the nature
- It is prohibited to light fires in the nature
Read more about the Public right of access to nature areas
THE TENANT UNDERTAKES TO
- look after the cottages and their inventories
- account for and inform of any damages or results of any destructive events
- tidy up the cabins before departure and put the waste in the waste bin outside
- return the key as agreed
Smoking inside the cottage is prohibited.
Pets are allowed, inform in connection with booking
- Dogs must be kept on a leash at all times
- No pets are allowed in bedrooms
- Fee for pets 10 €/day/pet
Blogs and other publications
- The blog Erä-Parrat, with many photos from Pellinge and the Dalen cabin
- Photos from Dalen by Ian Winstanley, Photographer
- My search for the real Moominland, Economist 11/2019