On Lilla Nätiholmen you do not have just a cabin from the 19th century, but an entire island at your disposal. The island is well sheltered, even though you have a view to the open sea and the horizon from the about one-hectare big island. To understand the feeling of being on an isolated island you must experience it!
The cabin comprises a family room, kitchenette and bedroom. A wood-burning fireplace is in the family room. There is both electricity and municipal water despite the cabin’s location in the outer archipelago. In the bedroom there is a double-bed and a bunk-bed. There are also two bed-places in the chamber of the sauna, as well as in the children’s playhouse.
To Lilla Nätiholmen you go by boat and we will arrange the transport in case you do not have access to a boat. Please remember to inform that you need transport in connection with booking.
History – a cabin on the lighthouse island
The history of the cabin begins already in the 19th century, but on another island nearby the lighthouse on Glosholm. Josefina Wilhelmina Lindblad and the seaman Bernt Bruun, who later changed his name to Weckström, moved into the house on Lilla Nätiholmen in 1892. The cabin had just one room at that time and had shortly before been moved from Glosholm to its present place.
The lighthouse on Glosholm in a nutshell
The lighthouse was taken into use in 1835 but was closed down already in 1863. It was changed into a beacon and served as a landmark until it was blown partly down on the 14th March 1940 during the Winter war. The cylindric beacon with its pointed roof was the model for the Moomin house in the books of Tove Jansson.
The cabin on Lilla Nätiholmen was built in the end of the 19th century and moved to the island in 1892. The expansion was made in the beginning of the 20th century and the latest renovation was made in 2010.
Dwelling area: 48 m2
Bed-places: 4 + 4 in the chamber of the sauna /children’s playhouse
Rooms: family room, kitchenette, bedroom, outhouse
Sauna: wood-burning (separate building)
Pets: allowed, inform in connection with booking. See instructions.
Equipment of the cottage
- Electricity and water
- Duvets and pillows
- Basic tableware for 8 persons
- Coffee-machine, teakettle and toaster
- Electric stove and oven
- Refrigerator with icebox
- Wood-burning heat storage stove
- Charcoal barbecue and gas grill outdoors
1 double bed + 1 bunk bed in the bedroom of the cabin
2 beds in the chamber of the sauna, in a separate building
2 beds in the children’s playhouse, in a separate building
book lilla nätiholmen
Booking possible May–October, Sunday–Sunday. In June–August weekly bookings only.
590 €/week May–June
665 €/week in July
590 €/week August–October
At other times by mutual agreement.
200€ for one week
The rest of the fee is paid six weeks before arrival.
Included in the hiring
- Fire-wood for fireplace and sauna
- Electricity and water
- Jetty and mooring system
- Rowing boat
Not included in the hiring
- Toilet paper and paper towels
- Charcoal and tinder
For an additional charge
Floorplan of the cottage
60° 11’55” N
25° 51’21.9″ E
WHEN MOVING AROUND THE ISLAND
- Do not disturb nesting birds and other animals
- Respect the nature
- Avoid breaking new trails
- Avoid destroying moss on the rocks
- It is prohibited to light fires in the nature
Read more about the Public right of access to nature areas
THE TENANT UNDERTAKES TO
- Look after the cottages and their inventories.
- Account for and inform of any damages or results of any destructive events.
- Tidy up the cabins before departure and bring the waste from the island with you (the waste can be put in the waste bins in Sturjan or Tirmo).
- Return the keys as agreed.
- Turn off the radiator and refrigerator before departure.
- Transport of fire-wood to the island is cumbersome and therefore we appreciate that tenants consider how much fire-wood is used in the sauna.
Smoking inside the cottage is prohibited.
PETS ON THE ISLAND
Pets are allowed, inform in connection with booking
- Dogs must be kept on a leash at all times
- No pets are allowed in bedrooms
- Fee for pets 10 €/day/pet